Mitsubishi Melsec FX series Expansion-modules - special functions block :
GP-80 HGP + GP80FXE-KIT,A6GPP/PHP + FX-A6GPP-E-KIT
MITSUBISHI MELSEC FX0,FX0S,FX0N PLC,USER MANUAL / HAND BOOK
FX0S-10MT-DSS Mitsubishi Melsec PLC General Overview
The FX0S range of products offer users certain model variations which can .switch higher current
output signals and receive AC input signals. As with all Mitsubishi 'brick' type controllers,
the power supply, CPU and I/O
components are presented in a single product. The FXOS is the smallest programmable controller
of its kind manufactured by Mitsubishi. The FX0S is totally (100%) compatible in a programming sense
with in FX0 counterpart.
Wide Tolerance Power Supply;
As with all FX Family programmable controllers, a Wide tolerance power supply means concern free use anywhere
in the world. AC Supply 100-240V +10%/-15%
User Friendly Features:
The FXos has a useful RTJN/STOP switch, allowing quick and easy operation yet it remains discreetly bidden next to the
programming port In addition there is a single analog potentiometer which can be used to indirectly change
data values, timer durations etc.
Flexible Mounting Arrangements:
AS Witb all FX Family programmable controllers users are offered the choice between 35mm DIN rail or the use of
direct mounting facilities.
FX0S-10MT-DSS Mitsubishi Melsec PLC
Step Execution Time; 3.6 microsecs max
Program Capacity; 1.6K (800 program steps)
Size of Instruction Set; 20 basic, 2 step ladder, 35 applied (57 total)
Power Supply; 100-240 VAC, 12 VDC depending on model
Maximum Service Supply; 200 mA at 24 VDC
Maximum Number of; I/O 16 inputs, 14 outputs (depends on model; numbered in octal)
Input Rating; 24 VDC or 120 V (85-132 VAC) depending on model
Max. Output Relay Current; 2.5 A / point 8A / 4 point common (250 VAC/ 30 VDC)
Max. Transistor O/P Current; 0.5 A / point, 0.8 A / 4 point common (30 VDC)
512 general purpose internal flags (auxiliary relays)
56 special purpose internal flags (auxiliary relays)
64 states (for use in Step Ladder programs)
56 timers (minimum delay 0.01 sec)
Device Table 15 counters
4 single-phase high speed counters (maximum frequency 7kHz) or;
1 quadrature high speed counter (maximum frequency 2kHz)
32 data registers (including 2 non-volatile)
27 special purpose data registers
FX0S-10MT-DSS Mitsubishi Melsec PLC Large Capacity Service Supply:
'Ihe lOios-'itScMR-ES units are equipped with a 200mA, 24VDCservice Supply. Uses ranf-e from sensor supplies to providing power for additional monitoring peripherals.
FX0S-10MT-DSS Battery-less Backup:
Because of the use ofEEPROM memory in the FXos, any data which requires storage when the unit is powered down, does not rely on the quality or availability of a
bt4l-tery to provide backup. This makes fflv user friendly AND a minimal maintenance product.
FX0S-10MT-DSS High Powered Relay Outputs:
All models of the FXos have high powered relay outputs, these devices protide the ability to switch Currents up lo 2JAmps with an activation lime of approximately 10 msec.
FX0S-10MT-DSS Smallest Unit Footprint:
The FXos products are the Smallest footprint programmable controllers available from Mitsubishi Flectric Yet the I'Xos ako bus high powered inputs and
output facilities which make it ideal for 'Heavy Duty' applications.
FX0S-10MT-DSS Mitsubishi Melsec PLC Choice of Input Devices:
Users can choose between standard DC transistor inputs providing biub speed counting and interrupt services (up to 7kHz) OR AC inputs
uihicb can accept signals between 85-1.Wat SCrWlti, giving wide unci flexible use In beany engineering applications.
FX0S PLC handles a broad range of applications
in the low I/O count part of the automation
spectrum. The FX0S can be used simply to gain major savings
in panel space and labor costs when wiring panels, as opposed to
hard-wired relay panels. It also offers you the flexibility of
changing your control specification just by reprogramming, not
rewiring. The FX0S is also an ideal controller for users who are
familiar with the advantages of a PLC, but whose application
requires less than 30 I/O. Some of the benefits
the FX0S can offer you:
• Minimal learning curve before your application’s up and running
when you use Windows based GPP-WIN programming software.
The powerful Step Ladder
(STL) programming method (originated by Mitsubishi)
makes ladder logic programming even easier by isolating your
program into discrete operations in a sequence.
• The heart of a self-contained sequence
control system with or without our optional user
interfaces for a window on your machine’s
operation (see p. 10 for our HMI line up).
• No matter whether you’re working with AC (100-240 V), DC (12 or 24 V), need transistors or relay switching (up to 2.5 A), or need to keep AC input capability,
the FX0S PLC line-up offers the right PLC type from its wide variety of power and I/O types.
• A fully integrated control package which frees you from the configuration of CPUs, power supplies and I/O systems. The FX0S PLC also includes a 200 mA power supply,
allowing you to remove the hidden cost of a separate sensor power supply in most cases.
• Duplicate an existing relay control scheme in the unit’s 1.6K (800 steps) memory, and still have enough room to add new system features only possible with the FX0S PLC.
• Replace the functions of discrete control relays costing several times that of the PLC by using the FX0S’s comprehensive array of timers, counters and data memory.
• Implement closed loop control by tracking encoders or other pulse generating devices at up to 7kHz, while imultaneously generating a 2kHz pulse output and hardware interrupts.
Few PLCs in this class can offer you this level of performance.
• Once the FX0S PLC is installed, there is no need for maintenance, and no risk for program loss,due to its battery-free, non-volatile memory.
• If your needs are more sophisticated, the FX0S PLC offers a very capable instruction set which boasts 32 bit math for process calculations, and a
full complement of data handling instructions such as shift registers